It’s never a bad idea to backup your SoCreate stories and save them on your computer for your peace of mind. Exporting your SoCreate Story as a SoCreate Backup File will ensure that all the character images you selected, the locations you created, and the notes you typed will be saved with your backup. Then, if for some reason you delete your story, you’d have a way to easily restore it to its original state in SoCreate.
To export a SoCreate Backup File:
- Click the SoCreate logo in the upper left-hand corner of your screen.
- From the dropdown, select Export/Print.
- SoCreate will generate a preview of your screenplay as it would appear in the traditional screenplay format.
- However, to retain the aforementioned data, click SoCreate Backup from the options on the left hand side of the preview.
- SoCreate will export a SoCreate backup file that you can use later to re-import your SoCreate Story, including character and location images.
To see how the SoCreate backup works, try exporting a SoCreate backup file. Then, click Import Story at the top of the dashboard. From the dropdown of file import options, click SoCreate Backup. From the pop out, select the SoCreate Backup file you wish to import, then click open.
SoCreate will generate a preview of this file.
Click Import Now, and the SoCreate Story you just imported will appear within your list of in progress stories. Click the imported story, and watch your SoCreate file come back to life with its original SoCreate data.